- It is very important in today’s litigious society to keep your dog leashed or under your supervision.
- Dogs must, by law, be licensed at your Town Clerk’s office, and be kept current on vaccinations for rabies. Ask your veterinarian.
- Animals with any type of identification spend the least time in the shelter. Please ID your Pet.
- The first time your dog is seized while running at large the impoundment fee is $40.00. A board charge of $10.00 per day is added for every night your dog stays at the shelter.
- Only cash or check is an accepted form of payment.
- Proof of current Dog license and rabies vaccination must be presented to redeem your dog. If your dog has neither, the shelter can provide both for a cost.
- License cost ranges from $6.00- $13.00, Rabies Vaccination charge is $15.00.
- The second and any subsequent impoundments within one year will be $50.00 plus $10.00 per day.
ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS